Sweet, Spicy, Rich Tofu Steaks. In a non-stick skillet, heat sesame oil over medium heat. Take the tofu steaks out of the skillet and place one tofu steak on each serving plate. Put the walnut sauce on top of each tofu steak evenly.
At first I tried it without mayonnaise, and it was 'just ok', not worth writing up as a recipe. But once I added mayonnaise it became a dish I was proud of, so I uploaded. The aroma of these Spicy Tofu Steaks transports you to Xi'an, capital of Shaanxi Province and one of China's oldest cities that is best known as the home of the terra cotta army. You can have Sweet, Spicy, Rich Tofu Steaks using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet, Spicy, Rich Tofu Steaks
- You need 1 block of Firm tofu.
- You need 1 of Leek (the white part).
- Prepare 1 of for coating the tofu Katakuriko.
- Prepare 1 of Vegetable oil.
- You need of 1 serving of All-Purpose Sweet and Spicy Sauce (Recipe ID: 701600) prepared with the ★ ingredients below.
- It’s 2 tbsp of each ★ Sugar, soy sauce, mirin, sake.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ★ Doubanjiang.
- It’s 1 of heaping tablespoon Mayonnaise.
The city of Xi'an lays at the eastern terminus of the ancient trading route known as the 'Silk Road', which connected Asia to the Middle East and Europe and delivered. 【Japanese Recipes】Tofu Steak with Rich Sweaty Sauce Samurai Recipe Japan. . Fried Tofu With Spicy Teriyaki Glaze. Add the potato starch, seal the bag and gently turn the bag over until the tofu is well coated. Brush the tofu with the extra marinade and serve.
Sweet, Spicy, Rich Tofu Steaks instructions
- Wrap the tofu in kitchen paper towels, place on a heatproof place and microwave at 600 W for 4 minutes, and let cool completely..
- Cut the tofu into easy to eat pieces and coat each piece in katakuriko. As you coat the pieces, put in a frying pan with a generous amount of oil on the bottom one by one..
- Pan fry the tofu over high-medium heat until golden brown on both sides. After all the tofu pieces are fried, push to to one side of the pan and add the ★ ingredients as well as the mayonnaise, to the empty space in the pan..
- Mix well so that the sauce ingredients blend together. Add the chopped leek, and simmer over medium heat until the tofu have browned and are shiny. You're all done..
- Variation: Delicious used as a topping for a rice bowl, topped with a soft-cooked egg. The rice bowl in the photo was made by Cookpad user "Hapi-Mari"..
- Warning: If you use low-fat mayonnaise, it won't blend easily with the sauce!.
Pro Tip: If you don't have a grill, these tofu steaks can also be baked. Sweet and spicy tofu is a quick, healthy, and delicious dish. It can be thrown together in a matter of minutes. When making this dish be sure to use a good, extra firm tofu. Spending a little bit of extra will pay off in the end as the fried tofu will be firm and rich.