Beef Tenderloin Oscar. Broiled beef tenderloin filets are topped with buttery crab meat, asparagus, and powdered Bearnaise sauce for an elegant dish that would be perfect for a special date, anniversary, Valentine's Day, or just because. Chop the crabmeat and place in a bowl. Add the mayonnaise and chives, and mix to combine.
Similar to a recipe at Don Roth's in Chicago – very tasty. Sauce Heat butter on low heat to clarify. Reduce red wine vinegar and tarragon until there is a tsp. of liquid left in the pan. You can have Beef Tenderloin Oscar using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef Tenderloin Oscar
- You need 2 (8 ounce) of center cut fillet minion steaks.
- Prepare of Sriracha seas9nung as needed for steak.
- You need 1 pound of trimmed cooked asparagus.
- You need 1 pound of jumbo lump crab meat.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of butter.
- You need 1 of recipe my Hollindaise sauce, located in my profile.
Some very high-end restaurants serve a very expensive dish called Steak Oscar, the exact origin of which is debatable. This version is very easy to make at home – high heat and quick grilled beef tenderloin filet, topped with grilled lemon garlic shrimp, asparagus and smothered in a rich, creamy Bearnaise sauce loaded with either chunk crab meat or scallops (or both!). Top your steak oscar off with glorious Hollandaise sauce, grind some fresh pepper on top, and serve! Don't feel like you have to stick with a tenderloin steak, choose any good steak that you enjoy.
Beef Tenderloin Oscar step by step
- Season steak with sriracha pepper and salt, Grill to desired doneness.
- Heat butter in a skillet until warm, carefully warm crab. Just to heat, season to taste with pepper and salt.
- Lay asparagus on plate.
- Top with fillet, crab and drizzle on Hollindaise passing the remainder at the table.
Steak Oscar is my favourite on a thick, medium-rare tenderloin however! Oscar-style steak is a fine recipe combining the delicious taste of asparagus with only the finest of steaks around. —Cindy Dorsett, Lubbock, Texas By using fantastic ingredients such as beef tenderloin, crabmeat and fresh asparagus, you can make an elegant dinner. Place the butter in a medium bowl. For the tarragon hollandaise: Add the egg yolks to a blender or a food processor and blend. Add the lemon juice and blend for several seconds.