Sarson ka saag with makke ki roti. When saag is cooked and cool it down then add makke ka atta (maize flour). Blend it with a blender and make a smooth texture. After this make a tadka and put saag into it.
Sarson Ka Saag Aur Makki Ki Roti Recipe – About Sarson Ka Saag Aur Makki Ki Roti Recipe: The classic Punjabi dish: Sarsoon da saag te makki di roti. Best had with some white butter, jaggery or honey. This winter special combination of meal makes everyone drool in winters. You can have Sarson ka saag with makke ki roti using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sarson ka saag with makke ki roti
- Prepare 5 bunches of Fresh mustard leaves (sarson).
- You need 1 bunch of Fresh spinach leaves (palak).
- Prepare 1 bunch of Bhatua.
- Prepare 8 of garlic finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of large onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 4 of green chilies finely chopped.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Cornflour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ghee.
- Prepare of Ingredients for makke ki roti recipe:-.
- Prepare 1 &1/2 cups of Cornmeal.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Whole wheat flour (atta).
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s as required of Unsalted butter.
As a traditional punjabi dish, saag means green and sarso means mustard. Ingredients of Sarson Ka Saag Aur Makki Ki Roti. Sarson ka Saag with Makki ki Roti is traditional and staple winter delicacy from the land of five rivers Punjab. The pungent mustard leaves are stewed with other winter greens like spinach, fenugreek, radish, slow cooked for hours over low heat to get hearty and healthy green casserole.
Sarson ka saag with makke ki roti instructions
- Take Roughly chop mustard leaves, spinach leaves, bhatua and green chillies in wok and cook it on low flame for 20 to 25minutes..
- Add cornmeal dissolved in a little water and continue to cook till the greens are completely cooked. Cool and grind to a coarse paste..
- In other wok heat ghee add garlic, ginger and onion cook till it turn in pink..
- Add mixture in it and mix well. Add salt and mix well and cook it on low flame for 15minutes in between saute..
- How to make makke ki roti:-.
- This Punjabi flatbread is made with a mix of cornmeal and whole wheat flour. While it is famous as one part of the makki di roti and sarson ka saag combination it works brilliantly paired with any other sabzi as well. Makki di rotis can be a bit heavy on the stomach so a small sprinkling of carom seeds added to the dough is a good idea to make the rotis easier to digest..
- Add salt and whole-wheat flour to the cornmeal and mix well. Add warm water and knead to make a medium soft dough. Divide into eight equal portions and shape into balls..
- Pat each ball between dampened palms to make a roti of medium thickness. Alternatively, roll out each ball between the folds of a greased plastic sheet..
- Heat a tawa and place a roti on it. Cook on moderate heat till one side is half-done. Turn over and spread some white butter over the surface..
- Turn over and spread some more butter on the other side. Cook till both sides are golden brown. Serve hot with a dollop of white butter..
Sarson ka saag along with with flat corn bread called Makai ki roti makes a delicious and nourishing meal. You can also serve it with other millet flatbreads like Bajra Roti or Jowar Roti. Corn, unlike wheat, has no gluten and thus to roll corn flour dough, I use the same trick, as in Bajra roti, of rolling between two food grade plastic sheets. This video will show you how simply you can make Saag and Makki ki roti by simple method. If you like it plz subscribe my channel and follow me on Instagram..