Easy! Our Family Recipe for Hamburger Steak Simmered in Sauce. Our Family Recipe for Hamburger Steak Simmered in Sauce. I wanted to make hamburger steaks simmered in sauce using ingredients that I always have in stock, so I simplified the recipe. The chopped onions will be quite watery, so squeeze them out well.
This hamburger steak recipe is seasoned ground beef patties simmered in a savory mushroom sauce. This hamburger steak recipe is seasoned ground beef patties simmered in a savory mushroom sauce. A comfort food classic that makes for the perfect easy dinner option! You can cook Easy! Our Family Recipe for Hamburger Steak Simmered in Sauce using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy! Our Family Recipe for Hamburger Steak Simmered in Sauce
- It’s 500 grams of Ground meat – beef and pork mix.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion.
- You need 200 ml of ☆ Panko.
- You need 150 ml of ☆Milk.
- You need 1 of ☆Egg yolk.
- Prepare 1 of ☆Salt.
- It’s 1 of ☆Pepper.
- It’s 1 dash of ☆Nutmeg.
- It’s 300 ml of ★Ketchup.
- It’s 300 ml of ★Water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ★Japanese Worcestershire Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ★Soy sauce.
If there's hamburger on the menu, I know my family will come running to the table. Hamburger Steaks are an easy comfort food! Tender beef patties are simmered in a flavorful onion gravy and served over mashed potatoes or rice! Add a fresh side salad and some green peas or broccoli to make a complete meal!
Easy! Our Family Recipe for Hamburger Steak Simmered in Sauce instructions
- Chop the onion finely and squeeze out the water..
- In a bowl, mix the ☆ ingredients..
- Mix the onion and the meat into Step 2, and knead well until the fat in the meat starts to melt and the whole thing gets sticky..
- Form the meat mixture into patties. Throw the patties from hand to hand to remove any air pockets. Shape into ovals, and make an indentation in the middle of each patty..
- Melt butter in a pan, and brown the patties on both sides over medium-low heat..
- While the patties are browning, combine the ★ ingredients in a bowl..
- When the patties are browned, add the combined sauce ingredients to the pan all at once. Coat the patties with the sauce, cover with a lid and simmer over low heat for 10-15 minutes. Flip the patties over occasionally..
- Raise the heat to medium near the end to thicken the sauce..
- Serve and enjoy..
If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your weeknight, you've come to the right place–easy dinners are our specialty. I just saw this on sale and decided to try it since I was planning to make hamburger steak. … Ground Beef Dinners Save Time. If you look in our fridge or freezer at any given time, you'll find ground beef. We use it for our weekly spaghetti nights, my homemade hamburger helper recipe, or my husband's personal favorite, hamburger steak. Hamburger Steak Without Gravy – Easiest Dinner.