Dhokla. Dhokla is a vegetarian culinary dish that is found mainly in the Indian state of Gujarat and parts of adjacent states. It is made with a fermented batter derived from rice and split chickpeas. Dhokla can be eaten for breakfast, as a main course, as a side dish, or as a snack.
Dhokla is a nutritious, steamed vegetarian gram flour snack from Gujarat in Western India, but it is popular all over the country. It is sometimes served at breakfast like coffee cake, often with tamarind and mint-coriander chutneys. Some prefer to make sandwiches of it with chutney in between two slices of Dhokla. You can have Dhokla using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dhokla
- Prepare of Dhokla Recipe Ingredients:.
- It’s 1 cup of Besan.
- You need 1 pinch of hing.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of Luke warm water.
- Prepare 8-10 of green chillies.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Citric acid.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ginger chili paste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Haldi power.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tsp of Black mustard seeds.
- It’s 8-10 of Curry leaves.
- You need 2 tbsp of Oil.
Steamed Dhokla Recipe – About Gujarati Steamed Dhokla Recipe Dhokla Recipe: A popular Gujarati snack, dhokla is one of the most loved snack across the country that is made in various ways. This dhokla recipe is a quick and easy one that is delicious as well as healthy! Chana Dal Dhokla recipe with step by step pics.
- Take gram flour in a bowl. Add salt, Haldi powder, ginger chili paste, lemon juice mix well and add approximately one cup of luke warm water and mix. Avoid lumps and make a smooth paste. Keep aside for 20 mins..
- Grease a thali or container..
- Now in a same bowl which we have kept for 20 mins, add hing, 1/2 tsp sugar, 1 tbsp oil, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, and 1/2 tsp citric acid. Whisk briskly. Pour batter into the greased container and place it in the steamer..
- Cover with the lid and steam for 25 minutes. When a little cool, cut into squares and keep in a serving bowl/plate..
- Take a tadka pan and add mustard seeds, when the seeds begin to crackle, add curry leaves, green chilies, coriander leaves and 1/2 cup water with 1/2 tsp sugar. Bring to a boil, let it cool little and then add it over steamed dhokla..
- Now your dhokla is ready to serve with green and tamarind chutney..
Dhokla is a steamed lentil cake made with ground, fermented batter made of bengal gram (chana dal), rice and curd (yogurt). Cooled, cut into squares tempered with mustard seeds and garnished with fresh coriander and scraped coconut – a dhokla is Gujarat's pride. This very same dhokla can be crumbed and served with accompaniments like assorted chutneys, fried green chillies and a delicious raw papaya salad in a different avatar known as khaman. The secret of its sponginess and no requirement of advance preparation lies in using popular Eno salt. Follow our easy breakfast recipe with step by step photos and discover how easy it is to make mouth. » Dhokla preparation requires fermentation.