Caramel-Nut Thumbprint Cookies. Caramel-Nut Thumbprint Cookies step by step. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and vanilla on medium speed until creamy, add egg yolks one at a time, beating after each addition.
Alright, here is the recipe for these super delish Caramel Nut Thumbprint Cookies! Delicious and gooey caramel filled thumbprint cookies. Optionally coasted in chocolate, but highly recommended! You can have Caramel-Nut Thumbprint Cookies using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Caramel-Nut Thumbprint Cookies
- You need 1 cup of softened butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 large of eggs, seperated.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 of recipe of caramel recipe ingredients are below.
- You need 2 cup of finely chopped nuts, of your choice, I used a combination of almonds, peanuts and cashews, unsalted but mixed with 1 tablespoon granulated sugar.
- You need 1 of FOR CARAMEL.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of water.
- It’s 3 tbsp of light corn syrup.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
Make indentation in center of each cookie with thumb or end of wooden spoon handle. (Edges may crack slightly). Learn how to cook great Caramel nut thumbprints pillsbury.com. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Caramel nut thumbprints pillsbury.com recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Caramel nut thumbprints pillsbury.com recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends.
Caramel-Nut Thumbprint Cookies instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and vanilla on medium speed until creamy, add egg yolks one at a time, beating after each addition..
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until combined. Shape dough into 11/2 inche balls.
- In a medium bowl whisk egg whites until frothy. Place nuts in a shallow bowl or plate. Dip dough balls into egg white, letting the excess drip off, roll in nuts, place on parchment lined baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Using your thumb or the back of a small spoon, gently make an indentation in the center of the ball.This is where the caramel will go later..
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and press down on middle of cookie one more time,I used the back of a 1/4 teaspoon here since they are hot, be gentle. Return to oven until lighty browned 2 to 4 more minutes. Cool on pan 2 minutes then transfer to rack to cool compleatly. Fill centers with warm caramel and let stand until firm. Store in a airtight container..
- FOR CARAMEL FILLING.
- In a large skillet, not non stick, stir together sugar, water and corn syrup. Cook, stirring occasionally,over medium heat for8 to 10 minutes until just honey colored. Remove from heat and add butter, stirring until melted. Stir in cream and vanilla extract until combined and smooth.Let cool about 7 to 10 minutes before filling cookies..
- To fill carefully, with a spoon drizzle center of cookie to fill with caramel, let stand to cool and set..
- TIP WITH CARAMEL Do NOT overheat only cook it to a honey color or it will cool to a hard consistancy. Make caramel after cookies are cool so they are ready for the warm caramel. Be careful, caramel is very hot to work with. Also you probably will have some leftover caramel, its great on ice cream!.
Caramel Thumbprint Cookies are a classic shortbread cookie rolled in pecans, baked & filled with warm caramel. Buttery Christmas cookies that everyone loves seeing at holiday cookie exchanges! Classic thumbprint cookies filled with jam are wonderful, but my family absolutely LOVES it when I make these Caramel Thumbprint Cookies instead! The crunchy pecans coating theView Recipe Remove wrappers from caramel filled chocolates. Beat brownie mix, cocoa, water, syrup, egg and oil in medium bowl until well blended.